Friday, October 1, 2010

First show of the season

My week of peace and quiet was not so peaceful.  I spent my week driving my sister around and making things for work.  Nothing worked out as planned in regards to that part of the week.  This week has been spent prepping for my sister's first craft show of the season.  Tomorrow my brother-in-law, sister and I will be embarking in a 4 1/2 hour car ride to the other coast of Florida for Stitch Rock.  The car ride down the turnpike should be fun and enjoyable as we always have fun together.  I just feel sorry for my brother-in-law, he has to deal with my sister and me in a confined space for hours.  The two of us have a tendency to act a little weird when together for an amount of time, not to mention all of our inside jokes and crazy sister antics.  


I spent Monday and Tuesday cutting out 74 burp clothes out of flannel for my sister to sew so that we could sell them with the rest of our items.  I have spent the better part of my Thursday prepping by cleaning jars and putting fabric tops on them.  We have made in preparation for the crafting season 23 dozen jars of pickles, jams, apple butter, pickled okra and a few other items canned items.  We are hoping that this year rocks and that people come and have fun at the craft shoe.  Oh and this year, they have BBQ!  


That is all for now, I will post how the shoe goes later as that it what has been consuming my life this week.  


Thanks for stopping by!
Emmy


P.S.- If you are in the Delray Beach area on the 2nd, stop by Stitch Rock at Old School Square.  The doors are open 12-6pm.  


P.P.S.- the holidays are coming so skip the mall and buy homemade.

No comments:

Post a Comment