Monday, October 11, 2010

Check up

I had an appointment last Monday with my oncologist and was told that everything is still looking good, no biopsies and everything came back alright from the last ones.  He did mention that losing weight is going to help keep the cancer at bay and is probably to blame for it in the first place.  He mentioned that there might be some local exercise groups for cancer survivors that I may be able to join for little to no money.  I am hoping I can find one so that I can get some activity that isn't just me trying to do stuff on my own.  This was good news to follow a wonderful weekend at a craft show with my sister.

Stitch Rock rocked this weekend!  We had fun seeing all of the people and getting to shop around.  Jessi and I like these shows because at some of the bigger shows, we get to see the crafters we like being around but only see a couple times a year.  We have even gotten a little following of people in the area that show up to the shows just to buy some pickles or jam.  We bought art, got baby shower gifts, and had a blast.  There is not much more going on here.  I have just been working and starting to plan for bake off at work this Halloween.

This week I will be preparing a couple different desserts for a bake off for a picnic that my sister's department is throwing.  Any ideas of what I could make that will blow their socks off?

Signing off for now!

Emmy

ps-sorry it has been so long since my last post.


No comments:

Post a Comment