Monday, January 17, 2011

Holy Cow!

I can't believe that it has been over two months since I posted last. 

A lot has happened, including the router in my house dieing and leaving me without internet on my laptop.

There were the craft shows almost every weekend in November and through mid December, last minute Christmas shopping because I seem to never learn, my niece was here for a week, mandatory over time at work so that we could keep caught up and last weekend my friend and I drove over to her parents in St. Cloud so that we could volunteer at the Disney half and whole marathons.  Another mile stone that happened the last week of December was that my beloved grandmother celebrated her 95th birthday.  We had dinner at the house with my family and my uncle even took the day off work so that he could do some projects on her apartment and so that he could spend time with her. 

The holidays were nice, the family was all spoiled and we feel very lucky that we could make it what we did.  Unfortunately my sister and brother-in-law got sick a couple days before Christmas and this delayed their trip to see their new baby nephew by a day, but it did mean that they got to spend all of Christmas day with us instead of spending 4 1/2 hours in the car in the middle of the day.  Thanks to my family, I have now collected most of the components needed to create my new computer set up, using my 32" TV as a monitor and a wireless keyboard and mouse so hopefully I will be logging in more often.

I have been keeping a mental note of my resolutions that I plan to see through to a minimum of my birthday.  I was a little lack in my watching what I ate and have not lost any weight, but I have also managed to keep of the 10-15 pounds that I typically will gain this time of the year.  Other than the marathon, I have not had the opportunity to go and volunteer in the community.  I did help my sister's department raise funds for their adopt a families and my department participated in a toy drive between 21 departments and we gathered over 3000 toys for three local charities.  

There was happy news on the job front this December as well.  I was given a promotion with a sizable raise which will help me afford to save funds as well a take a vacation.  I know the goal was take a vacation by my birthday but I think I will be willing to hold off on it to go on an even bigger trip.  My best friend and I are planning a trip to NYC for one of the first two weeks of December.  I understand this may be stupid because everything will be more expensive but it is going to be a trip that neither of us will forget.  She has always wanted to go there, and I have always wanted to go during the holiday season.  We are going to be complete tourists and get to do what we want when we want.  We want to see a show, eat out, see museums, and do all of that fun stuff. 

Well that is all from my neck of the woods.  I hope to keep up with this more so that the posts aren't so long and winded and I can share the good and the bad as it happens. 

See y'all around!

Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment