Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A little about me

Hello my name is Emmy.  I am 26 and as the name of the blog suggests, I plan on changing some things about my life by the end of my 27th year on this earth.  I figured I would start a blog to keep track of what I would like to accomplish and what I have succeeded in accomplishing.

A little more about who I am and why I wish to do this.  On November 20, 2009 I was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer at the ripe age of 25.  After some testing and a small procedure it was determined that my best course of action was a radical hysterectomy and was declared cancer free on February 22nd.  This changed my perspective of the world a little.  I am constantly trying to not let the little things get to me because in the long run, what does it really matter.  I gave myself until my 26th birthday to figure out what I wanted to do.  I thought of throwing a party to mark that I made it to another birthday, as many people don't when they start their cancer journey.  Then I thought about how that is completely not me.  I am a homebody.  I like to spend time at home with my family, my grandmother, mother, sister and brother-in-law as well as my friends when I can see them as they live all over.  I also like to spend time by myself.

I want this to be a positive place and a place for encouragement.  I want to be able to speak about the positives that are going on and some of the road blocks that I am sure will pop up as I go through this journey.  I hope that if you stop by and read that you enjoy the story of my trials and tribulations.  I will try to throw in some humor if I encounter any through this journey. 


Any and all comments are welcome.


Enjoy!
Emmy
















No comments:

Post a Comment